Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Tired of the rain, Oregon tech looking for a job in western USA

Yeah, the guys have almost completed redoing the Point of Sale site (rlcpos.com) and are working on developing a redo of the main entry site (rlcbusiness.com). I did most of that design personally which is reflected in the 1990's early 2000's content driven style. With today's websites much more visually driven and relational in nature, the time for me to turn loose of it to more capable staff was clear.

POS is multistate thing for us as we can do 90% or more of the support remotely after install and training; POS is about 60% of our business right now. Phone systems are getting close to that from a support standpoint. Copiers, while better than they were 10 years ago, keep us within an hour 1 or 2 from the offices. We were able to create a buying program where we are competitive against the corporate copier institutions about 6 months ago. Looking forward to talking with you on Tuesday as we work to find the right people to help us grow.

You're right; housing is really good whether you want to benefits of a large city like Tulsa or rural community/lake life, it's all here. Summers can get hot but we do have all 4 seasons. The fishing is good too. Enjoy the 4th!

Mikal

How about Bend? I know of a company that may be hiring. Canon, HP, and Samsung. Low volume, networking. I tried to pm you, but i was blocked.

Gar the pilot

Tell me more, or e- mail me @ garwinmbm@gmail.com We have thought of Bend but are worried about land use laws. This side of the Cascades we locked up from doing much with our own land. How is you're side? I have flown at Prinville before and it was nice.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Gar, i'm a vet living in Texas, but i have a friend that is a dav living in ok, says the benefits for him are outstanding. dont know if u are disabled or not, but might want to check out benefits for vets in ok if you are thinking of pursuing that.

Gar the pilot

I am fully able body, My Air Force time was good and I came out whole! I do like that the State take's care of their Vet's. We are looking at travelling around the warmer part"s of the country and City shopping. Then look for Job's, she is a full cycle bookkeeper and everyone needs a bookkeeper. I fix things so even if it is other than copier I should still do good. My first stop will be Oklahoma as I have talked to a Company there I am very interested in.
    Thanks for the input
    Gar the Pilot

Gar the pilot

I am fully able body, My Air Force time was good and I came out whole! I do like that the State take's care of their Vet's. We are looking at travelling around the warmer part"s of the country and City shopping. Then look for Job's, she is a full cycle bookkeeper and everyone needs a bookkeeper. I fix things so even if it is other than copier I should still do good. My first stop will be Oklahoma as I have talked to a Company there I am very interested in.
    Thanks for the input
    Gar the Pilot

Lightbulb Re: Tired of the rain, Oregon tech looking for a job in western USA

we are a medium sized technology company in San Diego (dont get much warmer or better weather). Company name is Business Complete Solutions Business Complete Solutions | Locally Owned, Nationally Recognized. I would love to speak with you. My name is Johnny Bennett I can be reached at jbennett@bccopy.com. Shoot me an email with your resume if you would like to talk about the opportunities with our company.

Gar the pilot

It's an exciting time when you face so many unknowns. I'm sure that there's a dealer out there looking for your talents. Please keep us informed on your adventures. There's no shortage of opinions here. =^..^=[/QUOTE]

Up-date on travel plans, .. we will hit the road in February after the Taxes are done. Our son will stay and take care of the house and critters. We'll head for San Diego then across the South West finishing in Oklahoma. She would like to travel until summer to shop for a new area to settle in, maybe longer or shorter depending on jobs and locations we find along the way. We are looking at travelling budget and considering temporary or fill in jobs along the way. Maybe vacation relief for a small shop/one man operation, ( wife is a bookkeeper) I also hope to finish the ratings I need to do flight instructor job.
    More as we figure it out.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Tired of the rain, Oregon tech looking for a job in western USA

Thanks Gar. I hope you both enjoy the adventures.

Hey, I've got a suggestion. You could pop in on forum members as you're traveling through. If you get as far a Michigan I'll be glad to buy you a beer (or your beverage of choice). =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Gar the pilot

sounds great, should be leaving here in early February. I will have to keep everyone posted on our travels
    looking at going south first to flee rain and snow.
    Gar the Pilot