Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MPC7501 - SC360

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MPC7501 - SC360

I had an SC360 on a MPC7501 last night. Client was running a massive print job when it happened. Manual says its a TD sensor error in the Black PCU so I replaced the entire black PCU with a good one from another machine.

The same error occured a thousand pages later so its not the PCU. The pages started going faint so I suspect its a toner delivery problem, the PCU isnt getting the toner so it errors the TD sensor in the dev tank to bring on the SC360.

Someone told me a while back that the toner supply clutches flogging out is a fairly common problem and not being too familiar with this model kinda want to know if im on the right track here, or if I should be looking at something else that could be causing this error?

Thanks for any help!

Re: MPC7501 - SC360

Could be the clutches, they're cheap rubbish. I don't think you can order them separately though - the toner pump comes as an assembly along with the clutches.

I would start from pump replacement + re-dev it on black.

All the best

I am also not familliar with this machine. This is what I found.

Problem Description
    The machine constantly generates SC410, SC496 & SC360. The machine will also not complete a process control, all colours are faded and there is toner scatter.
    Solution
    Replaced all PCU ass'ys & Developers.

Problem Description
    Toner end doesn't clear with toner cartridge replacement and SC360 to SC363 is generated depending on the colour or colours
    Solution
    Check SP 3817-1thru4 @ '0', SP3802; 3812; & 3815 all at '1', if not rpl Developers as previous, if still getting error or recurrence of error & readings OK' rpl Dev unit for effected toner.

Hope this helps.

See you monday bro.

SC4xx in this machine are kind of a nightmare if you don't give it a REALLY good clean from time to time.

It tends to be a chain reaction when gets toner scattered around the transfer unit (including ID sensors). If not cleaned - may only get worse and cost you a lot! Expect toner/developer excess in the dev units leading to i.e. SC324-327.

No need to change the whole PCU's, just make sure to change front and rear seals every other PM procedure to avoid toner being scattered inside the transfer unit, its rollers, ID sensors, MUSIC sensors.

Have a look at the pdf file attached, it's official from Ricoh UK. Somehow they don't mention the rear PCU seal (different part number for colors and black) but it also needs changing.

So, basically - keep the PCU's and transfer unit clean, change the seals on a regular basis, make sure to clean ID sensors too with a damp cloth! Avoid hoover in this (sensors) area.

Regards /Kris

Seals and ITB Cleanup.pdf
    Last edited by gasior78; 05-18-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replaced the entire BLK PCU assy and re-dev'd it, fault hasnt come back in 2 weeks so good fix. Thanks for the help!